We are delighted to offer a new Make (Good) Trouble Summer Club this August in partnership with East Sussex County Council Holiday, Activity and Food Programme. It’s for children aged between 12 and 16 and entitled to benefits-related free school meals. The course is free.
If your child is interested, you can find out more here and apply. Please pass the link on to anyone you know who might like to come along.
The Club runs from Monday 2 August to Thursday 26 August 2021
Our Summer Club will provide fun and creative Media Production sessions led by young people.
- Creating short films using editing and audio skills
- Learning interview skills
- Photography including composition, shot lists, editing
- Creating content for social media including graphics and video
- Sound recording and editing
- Sound effects and music integration
- Research skills
Children attending the sessions will also have time to engage in outdoor activities each day in order to maintain a healthy balance of exercise and team building.
The young makers who attend the club will be awarded Digital badges for their CV on completion of this project. Make (Good) Trouble is a partner of the RSA Cities of Learning programme, designed to provide practical pathways to employment. In 2020 we awarded 54 Cities Of Learning Digital Badges, accredited by City and Guilds, to young people across the South East.
Times and dates: 11am-3pm, Monday to Thursday, 2-26 August 2021
Ages: 12-16 years
Location: Westfield House, East Sussex County Council, County Hall, St Anne’s Crescent, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 1UE
- Help with transport to the location can be provided.
- Lunch and beverages will be provided. Please let us know of any dietary requirements.
- All our Make (Good) Trouble team are DBS checked, risk assessments completed, and Covid Guidelines will be followed.
- We have places for a maximum of 10 young people, on a first come, first-served basis
- Parents/carers can sign up their children by completing our form (please note, we only have 10 places and will let you know by email if you have secured a place).